21 August, 2010

Art in Stockholm next week

I am leaving for nearly a week in Paris on Tuesday, so I'll be missing most of the openings and happenings as the tiny-but-busy Stockholm art scene wakes up for the fall. I don't know how many people who read our blog live in Stockholm, but if you'll be here next week, there are lots of opportunities to see new shows (and maybe score some free wine?)

Most openings seem to happen on Thursdays at 5pm in this city. On the 26th, Bonniers Konsthall is opening Ida Ickblad: Digging. The opening is from 5-8, but they get crowded its usually good to get there early. They get so crowded at their openings, Bonniers is even doing the Moderna thing with asking for RSVPs! Just send an email saying you want to go to opening@bonnierskonsthall.se

Also the 26th, an opening at Galleri Magnus Karlsson (same address as the bar F12? I haven't been to this gallery yet!)  And I'm disappointed to miss an opening at Galleri Charlotte Lund...it's not far from my apartment and I keep meaning to pop in.
And the Hudiksvallsgatan galleries should be opening several shows. Christian Larsen, Nordenhake and Crystal all have shows that night, and the Andrehn-Schiptjenko's group show looks interesting (let me know what "Swedish art life" abroad means if you go!?)  

On Saturday the 28th, there is an afternoon opening at Milliken Gallery--German artist Felix Gmelin's "the anti-father."  I don't know anything about this artist, but I hope the show is better than the last one at this gallery before their sommarlov.

There are several more in the coming weeks...Magasin 3, Gallery Steinsland Berliner, Fotografiska, Färgfabriken, among others. And of course, Moderna Museet's Modernautställningen opens in October, and yours truly will be working with the exhibition registrars, helping put those works up!

No comments:

Post a Comment