17 October, 2010

First snow

Our first snow of the season was actually in Helsinki. And for the record, it IS only early October. I heard there were flakes in Stockholm, but I'm just going to pretend it was far warmer and sunnier here to make myself feel better about living in generally frigid Scandinavia: it could be worse...it could be Finland. 
(Just kidding. But it was cold.)





But in fact, we DID see snow in Stockholm this weekend. 

They trucked it in and dumped it on the stairs at Sergels Torg in the middle of town. I guess it was a snow boarding demonstration? 
Either way, it counts as the first snow of the season for me. Mostly because its probably still there, since it hasn't gotten warm enough to melt. Welcome to winter in Sweden. Only 6 more months 'til spring...

1 comment: